We undertake snagging inspections throughout the North of England.
We have the in-depth knowledge and experience gained from over 40 years in the construction / property industry.
We can undertake inspections quickly and reports are issued within 2 working days of the inspection with a copy going to you and the other directly to the builder including photos of the main defects & snags.
The ideal time to undertake the inspection is prior to completion which some, but not all, builders are happy to comply. However a number of builders will not allow this citing “Company Policy”. The snagging inspection can of course be carried out post completion.
Once the snagging report has been issued, we remain available to provide you with ongoing support & advice.
We only work for the purchasers of new build homes and not for house builders to avoid any conflict of interest.
About Snagging Inspections
If you want to discover more about Snagging Inspections read on.
Who we are
- We aim to provide a very professional and personal snagging inspection service for our Clients.
- Snagging Inspections Limited is owned and operated by Timothy Fee who has over 40 years experience in the construction & property industry having previously been the Managing Director of one of the largest privately owned construction companies in the UK.
- We undertake snagging inspections throughout the North of England .
Snagging Inspections have a range of prices depending on your requirements
- 2 bed house £350
- 3 bed house £390
- 4 bed house £440
- 5 bed house £490
- 1 bed apartment £290
- 2 bed apartment £310
- 3 bed apartment £330
- For other property types and floor areas over 2,500 ft2 – P.O.A
- The above prices are inclusive of VAT
- Payment is due in full immediately upon receipt of our Snagging Inspection Report
- We offer a 5% discount if payment is made in full 7 days prior to the date of the inspection.
- Payment made via PayPal will be subject to a 3.5% surcharge to cover transaction expenses.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is “snagging”??
Snagging is an expression used within the building industry to describe the process of defect identification in a property
When should the inspection be undertaken??
Ideally prior to legal completion. That way the builder has the time and opportunity to remedy snags before you move in. If that is not possible then it should be done as soon as possible after completion
However the snagging inspection can take place at any time in the first 2 years of occupation
Will the house builder allow access for a snagging inspection before legal completion??
Some house builders have a policy of not allowing snagging inspections prior to legal completion.
In any event, the inspection can be undertaken immediately after legal completion or indeed at any time in the first 2 years and it doesn’t affect the house builders liability for snags / defects. It is just more difficult for them to repair as they then have to work around you and your furniture.
What if new snags come to light after the initial snagging??
The builder is liable to repair all defects identified in the first 2 years so there is no limit on the number of lists that can be submitted
As new defects become identified the original list can simply be updated and reissued
What is the NHBC / Premier / LABC warranty??
A building warranty is, in effect, an insurance policy by the builder which is aimed at protecting the purchaser (and their successors in title) for a period of 10 years against latent defects to their homes
The builder is responsible for the first 2 years and provides cover for every defect within the house during that period
In years 3 – 10 the warranty provider covers only structural defects
This means that purchasers have only 2 years to identify, report and have remedied any defects in their home